Today is February 24, 2009 at approx. 4:45p.m. I was just turned onto this through my best friend Veronnica. In four days it will be exactly one year since my husband, daughter and I moved here to Truckee, CA. We moved up here from Los Gatos, CA, which is a beautiful and very wealthy town, however we could not afford to buy a home there. We had looked at moving to the Tahoe area a couple years back and discussed it regularly and one day when my husband came home from work and found me crying because our neighbors were sooo loud and disrespectful we decided it was time. It was the most grueling move we have ever made! We moved into our new home on February 29 (Leap year), does that mean that are actual anniversary only comes around every 7 years!? ha. We arrived at our home at midnight, with six feet of snow surrounding us and about 20 degree weather. I was scheduled to start my new job the very next day at Martis Camp and had to be there at 8a.m.
and here I am still working at Martis Camp and approaching my one year anniversary! We love it here (except for missing our friends/family). It has taken some time to learn how to live in the snow, but we have managed. Ashley (our daughter) started preschool in March, 2008 at Discovery Preschool. She is doing very well, taking spanish lessons twice a week, making new friends and expanding her very bright imagination everyday. She seems to be closest to her classmates: Aaden, Aleckson, Brianna, Tatum, little Tanner, Caige and Tru. Jamie (my husband) is currently building a home in the Timilick property, which is across the street from my property. He completed a home in Lahontan back in November. Hopefully they will land a home in Martis Camp soon! This first year has been a difficult struggle for us, however I count my blessings each day and thank the Lord for my family, my home and my job!
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yay! I'm excited you started a blog! I was just thinking that this week was the one year mark of your big move....it's a sad week for me! hahaha!
ReplyDelete